Wrapping your hands before boxing is important to provide support and protection to your hands and wrists. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to wrap boxing hand wraps:
- Start with the thumb loop on the inside of the hand wrap, and wrap the material around the back of your hand, starting at the base of your wrist.
- Make two passes around your wrist, ensuring that the wrap is snug but not too tight.
- Move up your hand and make a pass around your thumb, securing the loop around your thumb joint.
- Move across the back of your hand, making a diagonal pass from your thumb to the base of your pinky finger.
- Bring the wrap down across your palm and make another diagonal pass from the base of your pinky finger to the top of your wrist.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 two more times, ensuring that the wrap is snug and evenly distributed across your hand.
- Once you've made three diagonal passes, move the wrap back up your hand and make another pass around your wrist.
- Finally, secure the end of the wrap with the Velcro strap at the base of your wrist.
Make sure that the wrap is snug but not too tight, as it can cut off circulation and cause discomfort. With proper hand wrapping technique, you can reduce the risk of injuries and maximize your performance in the ring.