Are you a fitness enthusiast, but COVID-19 has affected your fitness journey? We understand that working out without a gym can be challenging, but with a skipping rope, you can continue your journey right from your safety zone! Skipping is one of the result-oriented cardio, aerobic exercises. Skipping rope offers huge health benefits that include gaining muscle strength, improved bone density, preventing heart disease, weight loss, and many more. Before you craft your routine for rope jumping, team Splay would like to share a list of the top five health benefits it offers:
- Heart health improvement - Skipping rope is an ultimate cardio workout and hence reduces the chances of heart-related diseases.
- Improved stamina - If you struggle with poor stamina, skipping rope on an everyday basis will help improve it.
- Shed belly fat - Reducing stubborn belly fat is the biggest challenge for most people, but jumping rope offers excellent results if done on a regular basis.
- Stress relief - Skipping rope keeps your mind healthy and stress-free as you focus on creating a balance between mind and body while performing this exercise.
- Burns calories - If you are looking for the best indoor exercise to burn calories fast, skipping rope is your answer. It helps burn approximately 200 calories in 10 minutes.
Now you know the key benefits of jumping ropes for your health, and you must be interested in buying a new jump rope for yourself. However, it can be really confusing to pick a suitable one as there are plenty of options in the online world. That’s why we are going to make your task easy by sharing pro tips to buy skipping rope online. Let’s take a look!
Tips for choosing the best skipping rope
- Adjustable: Always ensure that the jump rope you are going to invest in comes with adjustable handles. It will allow you to adjust the length as per your requirement. However, most skipping ropes come with adjustable handles.
- Multi-surface use: When buying a new jump rope, make sure that it can be used on all kinds of surfaces, including indoors and outdoors.
- Handle quality: The quality of the handles needs to be top-notch, and it should offer an excellent grip. Without a good grip, you won’t be able to work out properly, and the chances of injury also increase.
- Rope weight: The weight of skipping rope depends on your skill level. The lightweight ropes are good for building speed and agility, whereas heavier skipping ropes are suitable for arm workouts. If you are a beginner, you should go for basic jump ropes as they are neither too heavy nor too lightweight.
Types of skipping ropes available in the market
- Basic jump ropes: As already discussed, these basic jump ropes are perfect for beginners. These jump ropes are affordable and still offer great health benefits.
- Speed jump ropes: As the name implies, these jump ropes are used by professionals who want to improve speed and agility.
- Weighted jump ropes: These are also for intermediate and professionals who want to reap the benefits of arm and shoulder workouts. These are heavy, so they require arm and shoulder strength.
- Beaded jump ropes: These are not too heavy but not too lightweight, unlike other jump ropes designed for beginners. Their design makes them kink-free, which is a major benefit, especially for newbies.
Well, if you want to purchase a new skipping rope online, check out the quality collection at Splay.co.uk. They have a major collection, and you can pick the best jump rope that suits your needs.
So, are you excited about skipping rope and getting fit without leaving your home? Do let us know!